18 August 2012

Thirteen Reasons Why

It's been a while since I've finished reading this story by Jay Asher. I've been hearing about this novel last summer and I was actually expecting it to be a creepy type of a story. Why? Because it's plot is about a girl who recorded on a tape the thirteen people (or events) that lead her to finish her dear life. Imagine, just after your day in school, you'll see a box in your front porch addressed to you that contains tapes of the recorded voice from a girl who just took her life  just a few weeks ago. It was really creepy for me, but upon reading the whole book/story, it was far from what I've expected or imagined.

I am not saying it isn't good because it was actually one of the good stories I've read. It is somehow a story about a typical yet extraordinary teenage girl. It has a combination of romance, rivalry, insecurities, and, I guess, psychology. Of course, it is somehow interesting to know what factors could make a teenager to end his/her life, because some may say that those weren't enough reasons for someone to take away the life God has given to him/her.

For me, I liked the part where Hanna Baker introduced the last (thirteenth) reason of her suicidal act. That scenario somehow gave me goosebumps, because it's a live conversation.

I'm not good in rating books/novels, but for me I'll rate this with 3 out of 5 stars. :)




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML